Serves: 4 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 40 mins
- 3 cups cooked Quinoa
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- healthy pinch of salt and pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp of lemon zest, chili flakes, ground oregano and thyme (optional)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and a tiny bit of water (or oil). Sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Next add quinoa, sweet potato and carrots. Combine all the ingredients and let it cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add all the seasonings and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Finally add basil and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture and serve
- You can either cut the sweet potatoes in cubes and roast them in the oven, or boil them in a pot and chop them after they are cooked.