- 7 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 medium butternut squash or 2 cups of cooked butternut squash cubes
- 1/3 cup (dairy-free) milk
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast(optional but highly recommended)
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped finely(optional)
- Cook pasta according to the package intructions
- Cook the butternut squash. I prefer roasting the whole squash in the oven. Once cooked, add it to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust the seasonings and add more salt or lemon juice if needed.
- In a pot mix the warm pasta and the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro (optional). Serve immediately.