- 1/2 cup dry red quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumbers, chopped
- half a medium avocado
For the dressing:
- juice of one large lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place quinoa in a fine-meshed sieve and run it under cold water for 30 second to a minute. If your quinoa is pre-washed you can skip this step. Otherwise this step is very important to get rid of the bitter taste of quinoa.
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring the quinoa to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it sit with lid on for another 5 minutes
- Place the cooked quinoa back in the sieve and run it under cold water for a few seconds
- Slice the avocado into small cubes
- Slice the grape tomatoes and cucumber into small pieces
- Combine all the 4 ingredients of the salad in a bowl
- Combine the ingredients of the dressing and add it to the bowl
- Toss the salad ingredients with two large spoons or clean hands. Make sure to push the ingredients to the sides and bottom of the bowl, so it can completely get coated with the dressing.