This is an Indian inspired dish using garbanzo beans, curry powder and coconut milk with a twist of replacing rice with cauliflower “rice”. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
- Serves: 2
- Nutrition facts (per 1 serving): Calories: 422 Protein:17.7 Carbs: 56.4 g Fiber: 19.3g Fat:16.5g
*For the chickpea curry
- 1.5 cups of cooked garbanzo beans, drianed and rinsed
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
*For the cauliflower rice:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
For the chickpea curry:
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut oil, onions and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Next add ginger and garbanzo beans. Sauté for 3 more minutes
- Now add the curry powder and sauté for 2-3 more minutes or until the curry powder is well combined with chickpeas.
- Now add water. Cover the saucepan with the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes
- Finally add coconut milk and let it cook with the lid on for 6-8 minutes. Enjoy 🙂
For the cauliflower rice:
- Wash the cauliflower and dry it completely.
- Then chop cauliflower into medium pieces and remove all greens
- Using a food processor, grate the cauliflower into rice-sized pices
- Transfer the cauliflower to a paper towel and remove any excess water. This step is very crucial to avoid a soggy type of rice.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tsp of olive oil, cauliflower rice and some salt. Sauté for 2 minutes
- Now cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
*If you are not serving the cauliflower rice with chickpea curry, I highly recommend trying a veggie stir fry using this rice, lots of veggies, soy sauce and maple syrup.