Serves: 6-8 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 mins
- 1 14oz can of chickpeas
- 1 14oz can of hearts of palms (look for them in the canned food section of your local supermarket)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp chili flakes
- Mix all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs in a food processor. Don’t over process it though, you don’t want to loose the “crabby” texture.
- Now add the mixture and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs to a plate.
- Form the mixture into small patties and then coat in the breadcrumb mixtures.
- Preheat the oven to 450F and bake the patties on a a parchment lined baking tray for 25 minutes. Flip them half way through. Broil for 5 minutes (you can also ditch the oven and pan fry them in coconut oil)