This might be the best tempeh recipe I’ve tried so far. I’ve seen so many variations of it on the internet. I came up with my own version of it with a short list of ingredients. This recipe goes really well over brown or white jasmine rice. It’s super fast and easy. Anyone can do it.
P.S. The smell of the orange-ginger sauce is just out of this world👯👯👯
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 small cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (you can also use soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients (except the tempeh) in a bowl.
- Cut the tempeh into small triangles
- Put the tempeh slices in a frying pan with a tiny bit of olive oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it looks golden.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and let it simmer with tempeh slices for 10 minutes. The sauce will gradually reduce to an awesome thick glaze
- Serve the tempeh slices with the remaining sauce over rice, stir-fried veggies or pasta
- Serves 2
- Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving): Calories: 295 Protein: 21.9g Carbs: 40g Fiber:8.2g Fat: 8.2g Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- I use coconut aminos as a soy sauce alternative. It tastes like soy sauce but it’s way healthier. It’s low-sodium, low-glycemic, an abundant source of amino acids and 100% gluten free🙌