Serves: 16 falafels
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour or another flour of your choice
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1 tsp thyme (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once skillet is hot, add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly golden brown
- Add garlic and sautéed for 2 more minutes then remove from heat and turn off stove top.
- To a food processor, add all the ingredients including onion and garlic. Pulse a few times, scraping down sides as needed until thoroughly combined. You are looking for a crumbly dough, not a paste
- Taste the seasonings and add more salt or herbs for flavor.
- Form your dough into balls. and arrange them on the baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, while you prepare your dressing of choice(Sriracha or tahini are my top choices).
- Remove the falafels from oven and let cool slightly. They will firm up more as they get cooled