Serves: 4 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 40 mins
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1/3 cup walnuts, crumbled
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In the meantime, sautéed the onions until golden brown. Then add crumbled walnut, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin and oregano. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until you get a chorizo looking mixture.
- Add 2 cups of black beans and mash them completely. Then add the rest of black beans, the onion/walnut mixture, salt and oat floor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. If the mixture is too wet, add some more oat floor. It should be moist but moldable.
- Make burger patties with your hand and place them on a a parchment lined baking sheet. You can also use pancake molds to make more precise circles.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until they become as crispy as you like it.
Serve it with massaged dark leafy greens, hemp seeds, avocado and chili flakes (optional)