- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Button mushrooms, 16 ounce, chopped
- edamame beans, 1/2 cup
- Linguine pasta, 12 oz
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- (optional) basil leaves, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When done drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and 1 tsp of water(or olive oil). Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, dried thyme, oregano , black pepper and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for about 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms turn brown. Add water(or oil) as needed.
- Add the cooked pasta, coconut milk and stir everything very well to combine. Reduce heat to low and let the coconut milk simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat. Garnish some finely chopped basil leaves on top(optional). Add in the edamame beans and serve!
- I love using organic brown rice pasta which is gluten free. But feel free to use whatever type of pasta you like.
- If you don’t like edamame, use peas or white beans.