Serves 15-20 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25-30 minutes | Total time: 35 mins
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas (~2 cups)
- 6 finely chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 8 medjool dates, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp chickpea flour(or other flours/starches of your choice)
- Healthy pinch of salt
1. To a food processor, add all the ingredients. Pulse a few times, scraping down sides as needed until thoroughly combined. You are looking for a crumbly dough, not a paste
2. Taste the seasonings and add more salt, chopped dates or mint leaves if needed. Add more flour if the dough is not sticky enough.
3. Form your dough into balls. and arrange them on the baking sheet
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they look crispy.
5. Remove the falafels from oven and let cool slightly. They will firm up more as they get cooled
*Recipe inspired by Annalina‘s quinoa falafels