Serves: 4 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 mins
For the sauce:
- 0.5 cup walnuts (or cashews)*
- 0.5 cup hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water (or more if needed)
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper or more
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
For the pasta:
- 16 ounce brown rice pasta
- 2 cups of spinach, very finely chopped
- Blend all the cheese sauce ingredients in a blender until it looks like a smooth cheese sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Add the warm pasta to a pot. Combine with the cheese sauce. Stir gently for 1 minute. Add the spinach and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve in a bowl and top it off with more hemp seeds and nutritional yeast.
*If using cashews, soak them overnight.