- One medium pizza crust
- ½ medium bell pepper, loosely chopped
- 6 oz mushrooms, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 6 oz tempeh, crumbled
- 6 oz marinara sauce
- 2 tbps ketchup
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano, thyme and basil
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add all the cheese ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat. Saute onion until it looks golden brown. Then add crumbled tempeh, dried thyme, oregano, cayenne, paprika and salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the crust to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with ketchup, tempeh mixture, mushrooms and sliced bell peppers.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes and broil for 2-5 minutes.
- Top it with parmesan “cheese” and serve.