- 20 madjool dates
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanila powder
- Pinch of salt
- 8 dates
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1.5 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Place the dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain.
- Add the ground walnuts, almonds, cacao powder, vanilla powder and a pinch of salt. Process again until it turns to a sticky dough
- If the mixture does not hold together, simply add more dates
- Add the mixture into a greased parchment lined cake pan(9″ cake pan works perfectly). Press the mixture down with hands to make it flat and evenly distributed
- Place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes
- For the ganache: Place the dates to the food processor until it looks very sticky and smooth
- Add the cacao powder and coconut oil and process again.
- Take the cake pan out of the fridge and add the ganache on top. Distribute it evenly and make sure it looks perfectly flat.
- Place the pan back to the fridge for an hour
- Add some strawberries and coconut flakes on top before you serve(optional)