Serves 2 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cook time: 25minutes | Total time: 50 mins
For the pizza:
- 7.5 0z tempeh
- 2/3 cup pineapple, cut in cubes
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium size pizza crust, prebaked
- 1/4 cup onion slices(optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro(optional)
For the cashew cream sauce:
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Healthy pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the onion slices to a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp water and stir gently. Let the onions cook, stir them every 5 minutes. Add a little water every few minutes and let it caramelize for 20-30 minutes (You can skip this step, but the caramelized onions make a big difference)
- In the meantime, crumble the tempeh block into small pieces. Add it to a different skillet and cook it for 3-5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Now add the pineapple cubes. Leave 2 tbsp of bbq sauce for the crust. Add the rest to the tempeh and pineapple mixture.
- Place the pizza crust on the baking sheet and spread 2 tbsp of bbq sauce on it. Now add the caramelized onions and top it off with the tempeh pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and broil for 2 minutes on low heat.
- In the meantime, blend all the ingredients of the cashew cream sauce in a lender until you reach a smooth and creamy texture.
- Remove from the oven and top it with red onion slices and chopped cilantro(optional)
- Drizzle the cashew cream sauce on top and serve!