There are those days that all I want is a super quick toast or an overnight oatmeal before I rush out the door and then there are those days that I feel organized enough to spend 5 more minutes to cook delicious fluffy oatmeal that makes me so warm and happy. Today was one of those days 🙂
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup( You can also use coconut sugar or any other types of sweetener)
- 1 big apple, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Add the water, soy milk and oats to a bowl on high heat.
- Chop the apple into medium pieces. Add the apple slices, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Mix together all the ingredients and let it cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add 2 tbsp of maple syrup and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add some more maple syrup on top for more sweetness
- Add some chopped apple on top for a good crunch
- Serves 2
- Nutrition Facts(per 1 serving): Calories: 368 Fat: 5.8g Saturated Fat: 0.9g Protein: 12.5g
- Great source of iron and calcium