Serves 2 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cook time: 25minutes | Total time: 50 mins Ingredients: For the pizza: 7.5 0z tempeh 2/3 cup pineapple, cut in cubes 1/3 cup bbq sauce 1 medium onion, sliced thinly 1 medium size pizza crust, prebaked 1/4 […]
Serves 2 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cook time: 25minutes | Total time: 50 mins
For the pizza:
7.5 0z tempeh
2/3 cup pineapple, cut in cubes
1/3 cup bbq sauce
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
1 medium size pizza crust, prebaked
1/4 cup onion slices(optional)
1 tbsp chopped cilantro(optional)
For the cashew cream sauce:
1/4 cup cashew butter
1 tbsp tahini
5 tbsp water
2 tbsp garlic powder
Healthy pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the onion slices to a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp water and stir gently. Let the onions cook, stir them every 5 minutes. Add a little water every few minutes and let it caramelize for 20-30 minutes (You can skip this step, but the caramelized onions make a big difference)
- In the meantime, crumble the tempeh block into small pieces. Add it to a different skillet and cook it for 3-5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Now add the pineapple cubes. Leave 2 tbsp of bbq sauce for the crust. Add the rest to the tempeh and pineapple mixture.
- Place the pizza crust on the baking sheet and spread 2 tbsp of bbq sauce on it. Now add the caramelized onions and top it off with the tempeh pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and broil for 2 minutes on low heat.
- In the meantime, blend all the ingredients of the cashew cream sauce in a lender until you reach a smooth and creamy texture.
- Remove from the oven and top it with red onion slices and chopped cilantro(optional)
- Drizzle the cashew cream sauce on top and serve!
Serves: 16 falafels Ingredients: 1 cup lentils, cooked 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and cut into pieces 1/2 cup chickpea flour or another flour of your choice 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped 1 medium onion, finely chopped salt and pepper 1 tsp oregano (optional) […]
This is a savory snack that can be paired with carrots or celery sticks. It’s a fun twist on the usual hummus. It’s garlicky, spicy, very high in protein and completely oil free.
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor
- Blend until it’s smooth
- Enjoy with celery sticks, carrots or baked pita chips
- 20 madjool dates
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanila powder
- Pinch of salt
- 8 dates
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1.5 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Place the dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain.
- Add the ground walnuts, almonds, cacao powder, vanilla powder and a pinch of salt. Process again until it turns to a sticky dough
- If the mixture does not hold together, simply add more dates
- Add the mixture into a greased parchment lined cake pan(9″ cake pan works perfectly). Press the mixture down with hands to make it flat and evenly distributed
- Place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes
- For the ganache: Place the dates to the food processor until it looks very sticky and smooth
- Add the cacao powder and coconut oil and process again.
- Take the cake pan out of the fridge and add the ganache on top. Distribute it evenly and make sure it looks perfectly flat.
- Place the pan back to the fridge for an hour
- Add some strawberries and coconut flakes on top before you serve(optional)