Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30-35 minutes | Total time: 40-45 mins
- 1 minced medium shallot
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed, mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 halves of walnut
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt (use less if the lentils have been cooked with salt)
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor, and pulse to combine. Pulse a few times, scraping down sides as needed until thoroughly combined. You are looking for a crumbly dough, not a paste
- Form the lentil mixture into balls. Place them onto one baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, until they look crisp on the outside and tender inside. Broil for 2-5 minutes to make it extra crispy.
- Simply blend all the ingredients in a blender. Keep the leftover dressing in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can leave out the nutritional yeast and use 4 more walnut pieces.